Our Lodge History

Freemasons / Our Lodge History

Abridged History of the First 174 Years, 1850 – 2024

The Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope was sponsored by Vitruvian Lodge No. 87 (London), in 1850. The Founding Master was John Packer, who was also the Founding Master of the Royal Sussex Lodge in Newbury in 1815 at the age of 35, and is credited with reviving Freemasonry in Newbury, in the days before the advent of street lighting and railways. At that time Freemasonry required men of standing and intelligence, which considerably limited its intake, and it wasn’t until 1900 that candidates for Freemasonry were from other than the gentry and professional classes.

The Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope’s Warrant from Grand Lodge is dated 21st March 1850. It bears the signature of the Earl of Zetland, Grand Master, with its original number 839. This number lasted until 1863, when Grand Lodge carried out a general renumbering to close gaps and it became 574. The original seal is still in the display cabinet at Newbury Masonic Centre along with the oldest surviving minute book dating back to October 1861. The Lodge is one of the oldest in Berkshire being preceded by The Etonian Lodge of St John No. 209 in 1813 and Reading Lodge of Union No. 414 in 1833. The Lodge has had many meeting places, notably the White Heart Tavern, The Three Tuns (now named The Elephant at the Market), the Council Chamber, the Congregational School Room, the Temperance Hall, the Oddfellows Hall, Own Premises off Northbrook Street, and Clarendon Gardens London Road, the present Newbury Masonic Centre.

Early subscriptions were 10s. 6d. per quarter and an Initiation fee of 5 guineas. The Lodge was opened at 7.30pm. Banquets were at the expense of the Lodge, the Tyler was paid 3s. 0d. and given free refreshment after the banquet. Attendances were small, under 10 initially, and improved in 1857 when the Earl of Carnarvon became a joining Member and went on to become Pro Grand Master. Minutes were brief – six lines! However, the Lodge struggled until there were 16 Initiates over the two years of 1869/70. Then the start time was brought forward to 6.00pm, the newspaper "The Freemason" was purchased and a Ball held at the Mansion House, attended by 120, commenced at 9.00pm, with supper at midnight and dancing until 6.00am.

In 1872 Provincial Grand Lodge was held in Newbury and the Province of Berkshire separated from Buckinghamshire in 1890 and began to grow. 1875 saw the first mention of a Past Master’s Jewel being presented and at that time Installation ceremonies were carried out by the Provincial Grand Secretary. In 1878 Charles Hopson became Secretary and in May 1879 the Treasurer was fined 2s. 0d. for non attendance, and in December submitted his resignation! 1882 was marred by the sudden death of the Worshipful Master, Walter B Wilson at the age of 32, during his year of Office. A procession followed the hearse in full Masonic regalia and the grave, which stands in Newtown Road Cemetery, was restored by the Lodge in 2010.

To summarise the first 50 years, by 1900 the Lodge was well established, had its own fully equipped Masonic Temple in premises off Northbrook Street, a Daughter Lodge, a Royal Arch Chapter and ten of its Worshipful Masters were Mayor of Newbury.

From 1902 onwards Brother Camp and Brother Hopson donated carpet, hymn books, a portrait of H M King Edward VII, brass knockers for the temple door and oak platforms for candles. The Lodge building was financed by Debenture Shares and electricity arrived in 1923. In 1913 the ballot for the candidate proved unfavourable, the only time this has happened in the Lodge’s history. 1919 was a remarkable year with as many emergency meetings as regular ones, 14 Brethren were Initiated, there were 11 double ceremonies and one triple. In 1921 there were 89 Brethren present at the Installation. Daughter Lodges then came at regular intervals, Victory Lodge No. 3954 in 1919, Hungerford Lodge No. 4748 in 1925, St Bartholomew Lodge No. 6307 in 1947, and Thatcham Lodge No. 8121 in 1966.

The Centenary Celebration was held at the Corn Exchange in October 1950. There are 96 names listed in the attendance register and the banquet was held at the Chequers Hotel. From 1951 white gloves were worn at all ceremonies following a communication from Grand Lodge and in 1954 a Masonic Church Service was held at Chilton Foliat Church, the Parish Church of the Chaplain of the Lodge, Reverend Unwin. In 1958 the Benevolent Fund was formerly constituted as a Charity and in 1961 the Lodge moved to its current premises. The foundation stone was laid by Right Worshipful Brother Lt Col R H Ingham Clark the Provincial Grand Master (PGM). The subscription was raised to 4 guineas. On 1st June 1971 the Worshipful Masters of all our daughter Lodges were present and all occupied Chairs. In 1975 the Lodge celebrated its 125th Anniversary, the principal guest being Very Worshipful Brother J E Bignal the Deputy Provincial Grand Master (DPGM). In 1976 the PGM and his team dedicated a new Lodge Banner and in 1977 the Secretary Worshipful Brother Hague celebrated 25 years in the role, coinciding with the Queen’s Silver Jubilee.

During the decades of the 80s, 90s and 00s the Lodge membership fluctuated but overall has continued to increase in numbers.

On 2nd December 2014 Worshipful Brother William 'Bill' Coster, a Past Master of Hope Lodge and Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden (PPJGW), was granted Honorary Membership after celebrating 50 years of Freemasonry. He was later presented by the PGM with a 50 year certificate in recognition of his length of service. By 2015 the Lodge Banner was almost 40 years old and on 3rd March 2015 a newly designed banner was dedicated by the PGM, Right Worshipful Brother M G Peters, assisted by 6 other Provincial Officers. The ceremony was conducted at the Newbury Masonic Centre at the 1,317th Regular Meeting of Hope Lodge.

In April of 2019 the Lodge held its 1,350th Regular Meeting and was honoured by the presence of Right Worshipful Brother Anthony Howlett-Bolton OBE, the Provincial Grand Master for Berkshire.

There have been many dedicated Freemasons in the history of the Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope, we are proud to follow in their footsteps and you too could become part of this history.

Some Notable Members of the
Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574

Henry D'Oyley Wolvey ASTLEY
Henry D'Oyley Wolvey ASTLEY

Henry D'Oyley Wolvey ASTLEY (born 1865 & died 1940) Lawyer. Son of H. E. Astley. 1889-1935 Succeeded his father as Town Clerk and like him he was Clerk of the Justices, and Clerk of the Ramsbury Board of Guardians (32 years). Clerk to the Hungerford District and filled nearly all of the principal offices of the town. Outstanding authority on Hungerford matters including guidance to the Hocktide Jury. Regarded as father of the Toc H movement in the town. "He would go out of his way to help anyone ... he was a friend as well as a professional man". Reports of his death and tributes appear in The Newbury Weekly News of 8th and 15th August, 1940. His only son, Capt. E. D. D. Astley (Royal Berkshire Regiment), was killed in action on 1st June, 1918.

  • Initiated into the Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 on 5th November, 1886
  • W.M. 1897
  • Appointed Provincial Assistant Grand Secretary for Berkshire 1897.
Henry Edward ASTLEY

Henry Edward ASTLEY (born 1815 & died 1886). Solicitor. Son of a clergyman, born at the rectory of Quennington, Gloucestershire. Articled in Bath and moved to London. Returned to Bath and thence to Hungerford in 1843. Appointed Town Clerk and Actuary to the Savings Bank. Seneschal or Steward from 1847 - 1885. 1849 Register of the County Court. 1856 Clerk to the Justices. 1866 Hungerford Board of Guardians. Solicitor and supporter of The Hungerford Gas Company. Local Agent of the Conservative Party. First Clerk of the Hungerford Highway Board. Commissioned in the Royal Berkshire Yeomanry. Mentor of the Hocktide custom. Described as "A sound lawyer and judicious advisor"

  • Was the first initiate in Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope (then 839, now 574), 20th September, 1850
  • W.M. 1857 and again in 1858
  • First Master of the Porchester Mark Lodge
John ATKINS (The Reverend)

The Reverend John ATKINS M.A., LL.B. (born 1843 & died 1924).. Headmaster of St. Bartholomew Grammar School 1876 - 1902. Born in Swansea 1843. Educated at the University of London and Ordained in 1874. Held various offices until his appointment at Newbury when the school was at The Litten (at the junction of Newtown Road and Pound Street - now apartments). Described by his successor as "a great believer in the cane as an effective instrument of learning".* Also Chaplain to the Newbury Union (The Workhouse) 1878 - 1903. Retired to Whitchurch but continued with occasional duties. He and his wife had six sons and seven daughters. Died 6th January 1924 and buried near his home.

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 on 3rd December 1880
  • Provincial Grand Chaplain, Berks & Bucks, 1884 and 1885
  • "A number of masons attended his funeral" - A report of his death and funeral is in the Newbury Weekly News of 17th January 1924.
Owen Purdue ATTEWELL (Major, M.C. & Bar)
Owen Purdue ATTEWELL (Major, M.C. & Bar)

Major Owen Purdue ATTEWELL M.C. & Bar (born 1884 & died 1971). Owen Purdue ATTEWELL was born at Lambourn 25th January, 1884 where he started his career as an assistant at St. Michael’s School. His next appointment was as headmaster at Wickham School. At the outbreak of WW1 he enlisted first as a Special Constable, then in 9th Royal Berkshire Regiment, worked his way up through the ranks, and was later gazetted 2nd lieutenant in the 4th Battalion Royal Fusiliers. Reports of those actions which led to him being twice awarded the Military Cross, conferred on him by King George V, may be found on https://www.hungerfordvirtualmuseum.co.uk. He returned to teaching after the war and was the second Headmaster of The All-Age Council School, Hungerford from 1921 to 1925. Whilst there he was also the Captain of the Hungerford Volunteer Fire Brigade, Chairman of the British Legion, Secretary of the Savings Group and President of Newbury and District Teachers' Association. In 1939 he was headmaster of the Elementary School, Little Wymondley (near Hitchen), then during WW2 ran the Grange at Stevenage for 90 unbilletable boys. Moved to Shefford Woodlands on retirement and was secretary of Great Shefford PCC. A keen shooter and cricketer, being a life vice-president of Welford Cricket Club. He died in the Newbury District Hospital on 2 September 1971 and was buried at the Parish Church, Great Shefford. His obituary appeared in the Newbury Weekly News on 9th September, 1971

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574, 7th February, 1922
Alexander BURNS

Alexander BURNS (born 16th October 1838 & died 1891) was born in Ashkirk, Roxburgh, Scotland. The 1861 census shows him living in Northumberland and the 1871 census has him in Newbury. He married Charlotte Emma Seward at Kingsclere on 20th April, 1873 and they went on to have six children, some sadly dying in infancy. He opened a Tailors at 12 Bartholomew Street advertising as "Alexander Burns, Tailor, Clothier, Hatter, Hosier and practical Shirt Maker". An obituary recorded "... a prominent tradesman has passed away - after a somewhat lengthened illness ... although not a member of any public body, he took a great interest in local affairs". He died 10th July, 1891 aged 51 leaving £809 12s. 8d. to his widow. He is buried in Newtown Road Cemetery, Newbury.

  • Joined The Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 7th September, 1866 "from Scotland"
  • Made W.M. and Provincial Grand Sword Bearer (Berks.) 1874
  • Subsequently became Lodge Treasurer
Alfred CAMP

Alfred CAMP (born 1859 & died 1932). Founder in 1886 of the Camp part of Camp Hopson as a drapery bazaar in Northbrook Street. The merger into Camp Hopson took place in 1921 following the marriage of his daughter Norah with Paul Hopson (1895 - 1980), the son of Joseph Herbert Hopson (1861 - 1930), son of Joseph Hopson, Mayor in 1882. Alfred Camp was the first Chairman. Camp Hopson was acquired by Morleys Stores in 2014. As Mayor, he issued Coronation medals for the Coronation of George V and Queen Mary in June 1911.

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 4th March 1898.
  • W.M. 1908
  • Provincial Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (Berkshire) 1908
  • Petitioner and Founding S.W. of Victory Lodge No. 3954 in 1919
Benjamin GROBETY

Benjamin GROBETY (born 1781 & died 1856). Born in Marlborough, Wiltshire. His obituaries tell us:- "His name will long be held in remembrance, from his connection with 'the road', having been in an extensive way of business as a road-waggon master, from this town to London, nearly half a century. He was highly respected, had been for many years employed in assisting the overseers in making out the rates - and collecting same.". Ancestry suggests he was married twice, to Ann Cooper on 14th June, 1814 at St. Andrew, Holborn, and in the January quarter of 1843 at Newbury. The 1841 census has him (spelt "Grobetty") living in Smith's Crescent, Speen aged 65 together with Ann Wise (aged 25): professions unclear. The 1851 census shows him in West Street when he was 70 with wife Ann (36) and three children aged 9, 7 and 6. Died 30th October, 1856 ("aged 84/87"?) and was buried in Newtown Road Cemetery apparently later joined by daughter Alice who died in July 1858 and Ann who died in March, 1864.

  • Was initiated into The Jordan Lodge 1 No. 338 on 16th February, 1817 (which met at that time at Three Tuns Tavern, Jewry Street, Aldgate)
  • Joined Blackfriar's Bridge Lodge No. 226 (later 118) with 5 others from 338 between June and November, 1817.
  • Joined Lodge of Loyalty, Marlborough, No. 356 (later 249, but erased 1834)
  • Was a Founding Member of The Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope No. 839 - later 574.
Harman Skinner HANINGTON
Harman Skinner HANINGTON

Harman Skinner HANINGTON J.P. (born 1847 & died 1901). Draper and furnishing undertaker at 19 Northbrook Street. Known by his middle name of "Skinner". Nephew of George Higgons, Mayor in 1842, whose business he inherited. A major player in the Newbury Amateur Dramatic Society and Newbury Amateur Minstrels (also known as the Christy Minstrels) and organiser of their events. In the Minstrels he took the part of Mr Tambourine. Elected to the Council 1891. Mayor 1894. Conservative. He celebrated his election as Mayor by driving a steamroller through the town. Anglican. JP 1897.

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 6th January, 1882.
  • W.M. 1887
  • 1887 Provincial Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (Berks & Bucks)
  • 1896 Provincial Junior Deacon (Berks).
Edward Pointer HASKINS

Edward Pointer HASKINS (born 1791 & died 1841). Born 25th October, 1791 in Newbury - one of eight children. Succeeded to his father's Wines and Spirits Business carried out in the Market Place and later in Northbrook Street. Elected to the Town Council in 1818, becoming Mayor in 1823 and served again for a short period in 1828 when the then Mayor died in office. Edward died on 22nd August, 1841 at Shaw Crescent "most deeply lamented ... in his 51st year, after long and painful illness" and was buried in St. Nicholas' churchyard.

  • A petitioner for The Royal Sussex Lodge No. 672 on 18th January, 1816 with John Packer, and his two brothers Henry and John described as "Members of Lodge of Harmony 612 (No. 3 on Guernsey Establishment)".
  • The lodge first met at the King's Arms in the Market Place where Henry was the Landlord, and later at the Globe Inn.
  • The lodge was later erased on 5th March, 1828.
Henry Howard Molyneux HERBERT 4th Earl of Carnarvon
Henry Howard Molyneux HERBERT 4th Earl of Carnarvon

Lord CARNARVON (born 24 June 1831 & died 29 June 1890). Henry Howard Molyneux Herbert, 4th Earl of Carnarvon PC, DL, FRS, FSA. Educated at Eton and Christ Church, Oxford. A British politician and a leading member of the Conservative Party. Colonial Secretary, 1866-7 & 1874-8. Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, 1885-6. High Steward of Newbury 1884-1890. Lord Lieutenant of Hampshire 1887-90.

  • Initiated into Westminster & Keystone Lodge No. 10 - 5th February, 1856
  • Joined Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 839 (later 574) 5th September 1856
  • Joined Royal Alpha Lodge No. 16 - 2nd May, 1870
  • Petitioner for Friends in Council Lodge 1383 - 16th December, 1871
  • Pro Grand Master 1874 - 1890
  • Made Honorary Member of Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 March 1879
  • Joined Lodge of Goodwill 711, Port Elizabeth, South Africa 4th October 1887 & made Honorary Member
  • A number of other Lodges bear his name
  • Father of the 5th Earl, discoverer of the tomb of Tutankhamun
Frederic Charles HOPSON

Frederic Charles Hopson (born 1863 & died 1934). Son of Joseph Hopson, Mayor in 1882. Joint Director with his brother Joseph Herbert Hopson (1861 - 1930) of the Hopson part of Camp Hopson. Chairman of the combined company 1932. Elected to the Council 1899. Promoted the Public Library and enlargement of the Museum. Justice of the Peace 1906. Alderman 1925. Secretary of Newbury Congregational Church.* Mr. Hopson's original shop was at 64 Northbrook Street on the corner of West Street - now (2022) occupied by Metro Bank

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574, 5th December 1905
  • W.M. 1918
  • Provincial Junior Grand Warden (Berkshire) 1918
  • Petitioner for the Victory Lodge No. 3954 1919
Charles Edward KEYSER
Charles Edward KEYSER

Charles Edward KEYSER (born 1847 & died 1929) was educated at Eton & Trinity College, Cambridge. Studied at Inner Temple but became British Stockbroker. Was an authority on church architecture and was President of the British Archaeological Association. Became a J.P. and Councillor in both Hertfordshire and Berkshire. Was Deputy Lieutenant and High Sheriff of Berkshire. Lord of the Manor of Aldermaston. President of Newbury District Field Club and a keen sportsman

  • Aldermaston Park Purchased in 1893
  • Initiated into Isaac Newton University Lodge (Cambridge) No. 859 on 25th May, 1868
  • Joined Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 on 6th April 1894 (when Master of The Lodge of Antiquity No. 2). W.M. 1896
  • First MEZ Hope Chapter 1896, and 1921 & 1922
  • Provincial Grand Master for Hertfordshire
  • Founding Master of Charles Edward Keyser Lodge (Herts.) No. 2518 in 1894
  • Member of 36 Craft Lodges and numerous side orders
  • DC at consecration of Victory Lodge No. 3954 in 1919
William George MOUNT
William George MOUNT

William George MOUNT (born 1824 & died 1906). William George MOUNT was born on the 18th July 1824. He was educated at Eton and Balliol College, Oxford where he graduated with an M.A. Called to the Bar in 1849. Became a Magistrate in 1851 and High Sheriff of Berkshire in 1877. First Member of Parliament for Newbury being narrowly elected in 1885. Served as MP for 15 years before standing down in 1900. Chairman of the Quarter Sessions from 1887 to 1902. First Chairman of Berkshire County Council 1889 to 1906. One time President of The Newbury & District Field Club. He is the great great grandfather of David William Donald CAMERON, the former British politician who served as UK Prime Minister. William died on the 14th January 1906, buried in Wasing. (For more info see his obituary in the Newbury Weekly News of 18th January 1906)

  • Initiated into Westminster & Keystone Lodge No. 10, 1st April 1857
  • A Joining Member of Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574, 5th March 1896
John PACKER

John PACKER (born 1784 & died 1855). Born 4th July, 1784 at Reading. An advertisement in Berkshire Chronicle of 26th February, 1825 shows him as being a Salt, Coal and Corn Merchant, Newbury. The same paper of 13th January, 1855 reports the death of John Packer Senior on 7th January, 1855. He was buried at Newtown Road Cemetery on 13th . His son, John Junior, took on the business but was not a mason. Another son, Charles, became the Vicar of St. Mark's, Longwood for 38 years. Daughter, Ellen, married James Porteus Jackson, Newbury Mayor 1867.

  • A Petition of 1815 to create The Royal Sussex Lodge No. 672 was submitted, the first on the list being "JOHN PACKER, Mealman, aged 35, of Newbury: Member of Lodge of Virtue No. 147 of Reading. Worshipful Master-Elect.".
  • Although there is no evidence that a warrant was issued, meetings were held at the King's Arms in the Market Place in 1816, 17, & 18 and candidates initiated.
  • In 1819 the last known record shows one more at the Globe Inn, Bridge Street. However no returns to Grand Lodge were submitted, and eventually the lodge was erased on 5th March 1828.
  • The same John Packer was responsible for reviving Freemasonry in Newbury and he became the first master of the Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope, then No. 839, in March 1850 at The White Hart Tavern in the Market Place.
William Stephenson RAINE MBE

William Stephenson RAINE M.B.E. (born 1880 & died 1955). Born at Bernard Castle, Co. Durham. 40 years Surveyor to Hungerford District Council. At the end of WW1 awarded M.B.E. for his work as Honorary food executive officer at Hungerford. Acted in same voluntary capacity in WW2. Drew up rural housing schemes between the wars - a model followed by other districts. Appointed Justice of the Peace 1942 - Chairman of Lambourn bench. Appointed Chairman of the Hungerford Magistrates 1950. Constable of Hungerford 1941 - 1945. Berkshire County Councillor 1949 - 1955. Chairman of Hungerford Council School managers, War Memorial Committee, Air Training Corps and Hungerford Waterworks Undertaking. Keen golfer, bowler and bridge player. Credited with "50 years of Public Service".

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574, 5th February, 1918
  • W.M. 1931
  • Member of Victory Lodge 3954 - joined 12th September, 1919
  • Founder and first W.M. of St. Bartholomew 6307 in 1947
  • Member of Berkshire Masters' Lodge 3684
  • Past Provincial Grand Warden (Berkshire)
  • Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies of the UGLE
Ernest Albert STICKLAND

Ernest Albert STICKLAND (born 1871 & died 1947). Associate Member of the Royal Institutiion of Chartered Surveyors. Past President of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Director of the Royal Benefit Building Society. A native of Budleigh Salterton but educated at the Public Grammar School, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Apparently known throughout his life as 'Sticky'. After service in the Newcastle City Engineer's office moved to Stockport then later was engaged on surveying for the London, Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railways before carrying out work on a drainage scheme in Blackburn. Further experience was gained in York and Reading until he became Surveyor of Newbury in 1889. Transferred to Windsor in 1897 where, as Borough Engineer, he was closely involved with redevelopment and many other projects throughout the town during an extended career of 33 years until 1930. On his retirement he was presented with an illuminated address and a cheque.* Died 1st January, 1947 aged 85; the funeral service being held in the chapel of Windsor Cemetery. His obituary has him as "a man of great energy and alertness of mind, enjoying exceptional health".

  • Was initiated, passed and raised in The Lodge of Harmony No. 372, Budleigh Salterton, in 1890
  • Joined Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 574 on 6th February, 1891
  • W.M. 1902 and later becoming Director of Ceremonies
  • Installed as W.M. of Victoria Lodge No. 2671 in Windsor on 15th January, 1910 when described as Past Provincial Grand Superintendent of Works
  • A Past First Principal in both Windsor Castle Chapter 771 and Ellington Chapter 1566
  • Founder and First Secretary of Windsor Castle Mark Lodge No. 519 in 1907
  • Past Master of 4 Mark Lodges
  • Grand Mark Lodge Officer.
Walter Berkeley WILSON
Walter Berkeley WILSON

Walter Berkeley WILSON (born 1850 & died 1882) the son of butcher, ex-Mayor and Alderman Edward Wilson, was a popular and fit 32 year-old who enjoyed horse riding, playing tennis, etc., and was a volunteer fireman. After an uneventful evening he went to bed on Friday and simply failed to wake on the Saturday morning. Nothing untoward was found during his postmortem and at the Coroner's Inquest held that evening in the Jack Hotel (now the site of M&S), the Jury returned a verdict of .... "Died from the visitation of God"!

  • Initiated into Loyal Berkshire Lodge of Hope 5th March, 1875
  • Installed as Master on 7th January, 1882
  • Died in office on 29th July, 1882
  • At the time of his death, Walter was the Worshipful Master (chairman) of the local freemasons' lodge and its members clubbed together to provide this fine memorial (bearing many masonic emblems) which can be seen from the front of the chapel.
  • A "broken column" universally commemorates a life cut short in its prime.
  • The family butcher's shop was at 85 Northbrook Street; premises now (2022) occupied by a Vodafone showroom.

Upcoming Events

Events for your diary ... continually updated so watch this space.

Rehearsal

Regular Meeting

Festive Board